In recent years, more and more people have chosen to start making homemade shampoo. The purpose of this is to avoid the chemicals that are present in commercial products, such as dyes, sulfates, glycerin or other chemicals, which can end up damaging the hair.
Using natural products, such as organic almond or rosemary oil, aloe Vera, baking soda…, you will be able to enjoy excellent results. If you are interested in knowing how to make natural homemade shampoo step by step, we are going to explain what you must do to achieve it.
Although it may seem complicated at first, the reality is that making a natural shampoo to care for your hair is much simpler than you might think.
Instructions to make natural homemade shampoo step by step
There are many recipes that you can follow to know how to make natural homemade shampoo step by step that is ecological and beneficial for the body. Avoiding ingredients that are not appropriate, it is advisable to use products such as washing nuts, soap plant or sayonara.
In this way you can choose between making a homemade shampoo with aromatic herbs or with other ingredients such as fruits, natural oils or aloe Vera. Here are some recipes for it.
Natural plant shampoo
To make it you will need:
- One tablespoon of dried fenugreek
- A tablespoon of fresh mint leaves
- 15-20 wash nuts or dry soap nuts
- A tablespoon of dried hibiscus leaves and flowers
- One tablespoon of raspberry leaves
- Three large cups of mineral water
- A lemon
To prepare this recipe you must follow these steps:
- First of all, you need to open the wash nuts and take out the seeds. Next, add the seeds to an empty saucepan with all the herbs and seeds, except for the lemon.
- Then you must add water and put on a slow fire, letting it boil for a time of about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Once this time has passed, it will be when you have achieved a homogeneous mixture. Take it off the heat, strain it and let it cool.
- Then you must extract the lemon juice, removing the pulp and adding it to the mixture, stirring well. In the event that you find that the mixture is too thick, you can add more water at the end, but do not overdo it or the result will not be good.
It is a natural recipe that is especially suitable for those with oily hair, and can be used several times a week without any problem.
Homemade shampoo with baking soda
Another option that you should take into account if you want to know how to make natural homemade shampoo step by step is to make a homemade shampoo with baking soda to take care of your hair.
An advantage in this sense is that it is a shampoo that requires very few ingredients, since two tablespoons of baking soda are enough; a tablespoon of lavender; two large cups of water; and two tablespoons of sayonara powder.
The instructions to do so are as follows:
- First you must make a saucepan and boil the water. When it is boiling it is time to add the sayonara. You must stir very well so that it is integrated.
- While stirring, add the lavender and baking soda at the same time.
- Then let it boil for about 15 minutes over low heat. After this time, you can remove the mixture from the heat and strain it with a cold strainer, letting it cool.
- Once this is done, you can place the open jar in a dry and cool place to cool down. Once twelve hours have passed since then, you will be able to use it.
Bicarbonate is an ideal ingredient to be able to deeply clean the hair, in addition to having, in this case, an anti-loss effect.
natural aloe Vera shampoo
If you are looking for how to make homemade shampoo step by step, another option that we suggest is that you make a natural aloe Vera shampoo.
For its preparation you need:
- an aloe Vera leaf
- 150 ml of mineral water
- 15 wash nuts
- A fresh rosemary leaf
- Two tablespoons of sweet almond oil
- A fresh rosemary leaf
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice
To make it you must follow these steps:
- First of all, you must cut an aloe Vera leaf and remove the gel. Leave it in a container and open the wash nuts to remove the seeds inside.
- Next, the water should be poured into a pot together with the aloe Vera, the rosemary and the seeds of the nuts. Let it simmer, proceeding to stir the mixture from time to time.
- After 15 minutes you must strain the mixture using a fine strainer and add the sweet almond oil and also the lemon juice. Stir well so that the mixture is very homogeneous and add the mixture to a container in which you will want the shampoo to remain.
- Finally, check its status. if you think it is too thick, you can add more water. Also, keep in mind when using it that you should always shake the container before use.
In this case it is a recipe that is perfect for dry hair. This is because aloe Vera is a plant that has great moisturizing properties. In this way you can enjoy hair in better condition and all with natural ingredients.