If you do not know how to spend your free time and you are attracted to the world of crafts, you may want to know how to make macramé bracelets. In addition to entertaining you, this craft will help you get beautiful accessories to wear with your favorite clothes.
Macramé is a technique that is one of the most acclaimed, in large part because it is one of the most profitable and can be accessible to all, by adapting to different levels of difficulty. In this way, you can make one design or another according to your needs. Here we explain everything you need to know to make this craft.
Instructions for making macramé bracelets
If you want to know how to make macramé bracelets, you must follow these steps that we are going to give you. We are going to explain how to make a total of three different finishes, so that you can choose the one that best suits your tastes and preferences.
Two-strand macramé bracelet
The two-strand macramé bracelet is very easy and quick to make. Follow these steps to get the bracelet you are looking for:
- Take a support, the ruler and the scissors to cut a strand of thread of 170 cm and another of 45 cm in length.
- The shorter thread will be used as the guide thread, while the longer one will be the weaving thread. For both threads you will have to leave a space of 15 cm at the beginning. You can place this under the support, so that you can ensure that it remains intact.
- Then take the longest strand and proceed to make a square knot. Then you will have to pass the thread through the same hole and tighten the guide thread to make a consistent knot.
- You must repeat this previous process until you reach 15 cm
Macramé bracelet with pearls
If you are interested in knowing how to make macramé bracelets that, in addition to thread, are decorated with pearls, we are going to explain what you must do to make this creation. Although it may seem a bit complicated at first, it is simpler than you might think.
Before telling you, step by step, what you have to do, you must take into account that, in addition to the rest of the materials you need for the macramé bracelets mentioned, you will have to have five pearls and a lighter to be able to carry out this craft.
In this case, the steps you must follow to create it are as follows:
- First of all, you will have to cut a strand of the thread of 145 cm in length and another of 35 cm. While the latter will be the guide thread, the former will be the weaving thread.
- Then you will have to take the guide thread and make a simple knot at one of its ends.
- Then it will be time to insert five pearls by the end that is not tied. After having placed them, it will be time to make a simple knot, thus preventing the jewelry beads from coming out.
- In the support it will be the moment in which you fix the guide wire by placing one of the pearls at the end. The other four pearls should be facing down.
- Next you will have to leave eight centimeters from the beginning of the guide thread and tie a knot in the middle of the guide thread using the weaving thread.
- Then it will be time to secure the first knot, for which you will make a total of 17 flat knots.
- Next you will have to insert a pearl and make a flat knot to secure it. Repeat the previous step until you incorporate the other two pearls.
- The next step is to make 17 more flat knots, cutting off the excess and using a lighter to seal the ends.
- For the union of both ends, it will be time to make a Franciscan knot. To finish, cut the leftovers and seal using the lighter.
Macramé bracelet with name
In case you want to know how to make macramé bracelets with a name, perfect to make a gift for a celebration. You will need the basic materials for a macramé bracelet, to which you will have to add costume jewelry beads with the letters of the person’s name and a lighter. When you get these materials you will have to do the following:
- Cut two threads, one of 1 meter that will be the weaving thread and one of 30 cm that will be the guide thread.
- Then place the support about 7 cm from the start of the guide wire and fold the 1-meter wire in half. Then make a square knot from the beginning of the thread that is held by the support.
- Then you will have to knot at a distance of 5 cm from the thread and insert all the letters of the name on the guide thread.
- With the weaving thread you must make a simple knot that surrounds the letter well and then make a square knot that serves to secure the bead and make a good fit.
- Repeat the previous two steps with each of the letters; and when you have finished with the last one, make the same pattern of square knots for 5 cm
- To conclude, cut the leftovers and burn the small threads with the lighter. It concludes by joining both ends with a Franciscan or sliding knot.
What do you need to make macramé bracelets?
If you are interested in knowing how to make macramé bracelets, you should start by gathering the basic materials you need for it, and which are the following:
- Thread or threads of the desired colors to create the bracelet.
- Measuring tape
- Support to hold the thread