Plasticine is something that the little ones in the house love as a general rule. The great advantage of this is that children can mold them to their liking to be able to make hundreds of figures. This allows them to unfold all their creativity and make very diverse crafts.
For children, plasticine is a great option, since it allows them to awaken their creativity, since it stimulates it, but it also allows them to perfect fine motor skills, as well as the development of the perception of space. However, what many people do not know is how to make homemade playdough without cooking.
When giving the little ones a pot with plasticine, it is essential that these are made with materials that are not toxic, since otherwise the health of children could be put at risk. To make sure of this, it is always advisable to choose to spend a few minutes making homemade playdough without cooking. In addition, it has the advantage that you will not need many materials. We tell you how to make this craft for children.
Plasticine is one of the first materials with which the little ones begin to play, since they especially like it for its touch, and above all, because from it they can create all kinds of creations and designs, so that they can get to unleash your imagination. For all its advantages, it is a perfect toy for children and now you will not have to go to a store to buy it and doubt even its manufacturing materials. You will be able to make it yourself knowing exactly what it contains and thus reducing the possible risks of its manipulation by your children. Given all its advantages, read on to find out how to make homemade playdough without cooking.
Instructions for making homemade plasticine without cooking
If you want to know how to make homemade plasticine without cooking, you will have to follow the following steps to achieve it:
- To start you should take a container and mix the flour, salt and cornstarch in it. If you want the touch of the homemade plasticine to be softer, it is advisable that before adding the salt you proceed to crush it. In this way you will get it to be as thin as possible, thus avoiding lumps that can negatively affect the final result of the plasticine. Just by grinding them before you will make it softer and more pleasant to the touch.
- Once you have the cornstarch, the fine salt and the flour in the container in which you are going to prepare the plasticine and that they are properly mixed, it is time to add the oil, the lemon and boiling water. It is important that you keep in mind that the water must be very hot so that the plasticine can be made without the need for cooking. Therefore, before starting to knead, it is advisable to wait a few minutes. This way you will avoid burning yourself when handling it.
- The next step is to knead the mixture until you get a homogeneous mixture and consistency. Let the mixture cool down to continue making the homemade playdough without cooking. You will begin to see how to the touch it has a consistency that will be very similar to what you can see in conventional plasticine.
- When you have finished preparing the dough, it will be the moment in which you can divide it into portions. Once this is done, it will be time to add the coloring, which can be of different colors in order to have different plasticizes. Once the dye has been added, you will have to knead again so that the color remains firm in each of the portions of the mixture made.
In this way, following these simple steps, you will be able to create a homemade modeling clay without cooking. As you can see it is much easier and faster than you might think. In addition, it has the advantage that the clay will last you for several days, so the little ones in the house will be able to play with it a lot, and it will only take you 5 minutes to prepare it. However, in order to preserve it better, it is important that you place the plasticine in a glass container, in addition to being well covered to improve its conservation.
In addition, you can make the children of the household collaborate when preparing it, thus making it possible for them to have fun both when making it and when playing with it. However, be careful when preparing it with them since hot water can pose a risk. Therefore, it should always be done with a supervising adult.
What do you need to make homemade playdough without cooking?
For the preparation of homemade plasticine without cooking you will need the following materials:
- Two cups of flour
- A cup of water
- Half a cup of cornstarch
- Half a cup of fine salt
- Two tablespoons of oil
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice
- Food coloring of various colors.