Enjoying festivities to the fullest, such as the well-known Cádiz Carnival, is a great opportunity to enjoy yourself in the company of family or friends. In this party costumes cannot be missing and after showing you how to make a ninja costume or fantasy makeup, it is time to give you the guidelines so that you know how to make masks for carnival.
There is a wide variety of carnival masks that you can make and many different ways to make them, and here are some cheap and easy ideas that can be made with the little ones in the house.
One of the options that you can use if you want to know how to make carnival masks is to make blackboard masks, an option that the little ones will like. The reason is that they can customize them as they want.
For its elaboration, these materials are needed: cardboard, blackboard paint, scissors, chalk, tape and brushes. The steps to follow are those:
- Take a piece of cardboard on which you have to draw a large circle that covers the entire face. When doing this, keep in mind the ears of the animal you want to create with your mask.
- Once drawn, it will be time to carefully cut it out, also making space to place the eyes.
- When you have it cut out, it will be time to decorate with chalkboard paint.
- When they are dry, the children can finish decorating the mask using chalk, so that they can give it their personal touch and make their carnival mask unique.
- To finish, you will only have to place a tape so that the mask can be adjusted to the children’s head.
Fox carnival masks
Thanks to the felt you can create different ideal masks for carnival quickly and easily. If you want to know how to make fox-shaped carnival masks you will need orange, gray and black felt; scissors; pencil; hot silicone; pipe cleaners and rubber band.
The steps to follow to create it are very easy, and are as follows:
- First of all, the shape of the fox’s head must be drawn on the material, and then its different parts must be glued with hot silicone.
- Once the above is done, it is time to take the elastic band to tie it so that the child can hold the fox carnival mask on his head.
- Then put some mustaches made with pipe cleaners. You can glue them or sew them if you prefer.
Masks for carnival with paper bags
A simple paper bag can be perfect to create an ideal mask for carnival, since it can be given different shapes, including the Lion King mask.
For its preparation you need a Kraft paper bag, staples, straws, scissors, tempera or markers; and a brush. With only these ingredients you can know how to make carnival masks with paper bags. Without a doubt, they are a very interesting and creative option. The steps to follow are those:
- The first step to follow is to give the Kraft paper bag the desired shape. To be able to do it you will have to use some staples. By carefully shaping it, you can achieve the shape that best suits your creation.
- Once you have created the outline with the bag, it will be time to cut out the holes for the eyes and nose.
- Once this is done, you will have to decorate the bag with straws of hay around it (in case you want to make a paper bag mask of the Lion King).
- To finish you will have to create the face of the lion. To do this, you will help yourself with markers or temperas, finishing the creation by placing shiny elements around the bag that will help you achieve a spectacular result.
Animal masks with boxes
A fourth and last recommendation for carnival masks is to know how to make animal carnival masks with boxes. In this way you can create an animal costume in a very easy and fast way.
For its elaboration you will only have to get a cardboard box, scissors, cardboard, acrylic paint and glue. With only these elements you can get down to work and create your own mask. The steps to follow are those:
- The first thing you should do is take a square box and proceed to cut out the spaces for the nose and eyes.
- Then paint it the color you prefer, which will depend on the animal you want to create.
- Now add the two ears you made with cardboard to the top.
- Now complete making the snout and whiskers of the animal, whose design will depend on the animal you want to make the costume of.
- In the lower part, add a mouth made with cardboard, with its corresponding teeth or giving it the desired shape.