When a woman begins to have dreams that may indicate that she is pregnant, she may begin to think about different issues related to the future baby. This may lead her to find out how to quit if she is pregnant or to start wondering what her baby will be like.
In addition, when the arrival of a new member of the family is already expected, especially in the months prior to their arrival, it is common to start thinking about the decoration of the baby’s room. In this sense, there are many things that can be done, including learning how to make crafts with baby names to place on your door, in your crib or simply to decorate the shelves of what will be your room.
How to make crafts with baby names in cubes?
One of the options you have to know how to make crafts with baby names is to use natural wooden cubes. With them you can create the name and leave the pieces loose so that the child himself can play when he grows up or stick them with strong glue so that they do not move.
For its creation you will need to get hold of:
- Wooden cubes that have a side of 4 cm
- Special paint and varnish for babies
- Stickers in the form of circles, lines and triangles
- adhesive letters
The steps to perform are the following:
- First of all, you must clean the wood properly and proceed to paste the letters of the baby’s name on the front face of it.
- Next you will have to place the templates of circles, lines or triangles on one of the sides, leaving the back side smooth to be able to paint it with a uniform tone.
- Once you have all the pieces made, you must paint with the colors you prefer.
- Finally, wait for it to dry and apply the adhesive varnish.
Baby’s name in frame
Another option to consider is to put the baby’s name on a frame, which may be accompanied by a drawing of an animal or a fruit that could even contain the child’s initial. This is an original way to welcome a new member into the home.
For this you will need an embroidery frame; embroidery thread of the desired colors; felt of the colors you prefer; pencil and scissors. Once the materials are gathered, it will be time to proceed with the following steps to learn how to make crafts with baby names:
- First of all, you will have to draw on the felt of a color the body of the animal you have chosen. Play with the tones to create the different details of it.
- Then place the felt of the other color on the frame and put the pieces of the animal on the fabric and sew. Finish if necessary with black thread. If you wish, you can make details with thicker thread and play with the tones.
- To finish your creation, embroider the baby’s name on one side; and hang it anywhere on the wall or use it to decorate a shelf.
baby name with flowers
Another option to know how to make crafts with baby names is to decorate the name of a newborn with artificial flowers. To do it you only need wooden or cardboard letters; artificial flowers; rule; wood plank; and hot silicone.
The steps are very simple:
- Firstly, use hot glue to decorate the front of the wooden or cardboard letters, with the flowers and leaves that you have bought to make the decoration.
- Once all the letters are decorated, you just have to stick them on the wooden board.
- Then remember to use a ruler so that each one of them is the same distance apart and that the final result is perfect.
Baby name with padded letters
When talking about baby name crafts, you can use cardboard letters covered with fabric. For this you only need cardboard letters; padding (cotton or similar); soft wadding fabric; scissors; glue gun; and pencil.
The steps to follow are those:
- First of all, the silhouette of each letter must be drawn on the back of the fabric, and then add about 2 cm to the outline bordering it. Two equal ones must be made, since one goes to the front and one to the back.
- Now make a few small vertical cuts around the outline of the letter so that it can fit over the mold. Proceed to measure the width of the cardboard or wood body and create a strip of fabric that has 1 cm more on each of the sides. This way you can make a hem. Once cut, iron so that the sides are straight.
- Now it’s time to place the filler on the letter and hot glueit on.
- Now put the front and back fabric pieces on top of the stuffing and glue the sides. Finish by putting the hemming tape to cover the parts that have been cut.